Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon Melbourne
Specialist Plastic Surgeon and Cosmetic Surgery Specialist
Melbourne’s Specialist Surgeon for Breast, Body, Face and Nose Surgery
Dr Geoff Barnett is a highly qualified and experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon. He sees patients in the inner eastern area of Melbourne (Hawthorn East).
If you visit with Dr Barnett, you’ll likely appreciate his down to earth approach to surgery; and his caring bedside manner. Offering stellar post-op care for many types of plastic surgery, he is also an excellent planner who believes in providing patients with thorough information so they can make an informed decision about what approach might be best for their appearance concern. Some of his specialty surgery areas include breast surgery and breast augmentation or breast lifts, as well as transaxillary armpit breast implant surgery for patients of Asian heritage; body lifts for patients who have had Bariatric Surgery or who undertook other weight loss regimes to lose weight and overcome obesity; facelifts for men and women of different ages (ageing provention and prevention), eyelid lift surgery (Blepharoplasty), Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping surgery) and many other surgery procedures. He can also help patients with skin cancer removal from highly visible areas of the face or body, including removing lesions and skin cancers from the face, neck, ears, arms or chest.
Dr Geoff Barnett is an excellent communicator, who aims to provide best-practice pre-surgery planning and post-op care for his patients.
As a patient of Dr Geoff Barnett for cosmetic surgery or plastic surgery procedures, you’ll also be supported by Dr Barnett’s caring Patient Support team (Nurse Jenny).
Specialist Surgery Qualifications
Dr Geoff Barnett is a Specialist Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgeon with FRACS qualifications.
He also holds active memberships in numerous professional organisations in the field of specialist Plastic Surgery & Cosmetic Surgery. He attracts patients from all over Victoria, including Kew, Richmond, Toorak, South Yarra, Melbourne CBD, Glenferrie, St Kilda, Dandenongs, for Body, Nose & Face Surgery, including his specialty Breast Surgeries, Body Lift Procedures and Facelift and Eyelid lift (Blepharoplasty) Surgeries. In addition to being an experienced Breast Surgeon for all different breast procedures (breast lift, breast reduction, breast enlargement using breast implants, armpit implant insertions, and nipple surgery), he is highly adept at a number of procedures. His surgery focus includes breast surgery, eyelid lift surgery, facelift surgery, tummy tuck surgery and Abdominoplasty surgery, as well as body lifts and body contouring with liposuction for post-weight loss patients who have lost weight after having bariatric surgery but who need redundant skin folds operated on to get back their normal body contours.
Cosmetic Surgery by a Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Melbourne
How qualified is Dr Geoff Barnett as a Specialist Plastic Surgeon with FRACS membership and association affiliations in ASAPS, ISAPS and more?
- Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Geoff Barnett, graduated as a doctor from Monash University (Melbourne).
- He subsequently trained for another 8 years in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery including internationally
- He regularly continues to advance his knowledge of plastic and reconstructive surgery and cosmetic procedures, attending Specialist Surgeon meetings with top Surgeons and international training conferences across the globe
Specialist Plastic Surgeons tend to undertake far more training in plastic and cosmetic surgery than general surgeons, GPs or ‘cosmetic surgeons,’ an unmonitored term that nearly anyone can use.
However, “Plastic Surgeon” is a Medical Board protected term in Australia and typically only highly trained, FRACS Plastic Surgeons can use the term or belong to groups such as ASAPS, ISAPS and ASPS.
If you’re not sure of the difference between a cosmetic surgeon and a fully qualified FRACS Plastic Surgeon (Specialist), just as our care team on (03) 8849 1467.
- Dr Barnett was also admitted as a Fellow to the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons just before 1980.
- He then pursued additional international training to further enhance his Australia surgical experience for cosmetic surgery and plastic and reconstructive surgery procedures, including specialist breast surgery procedures and facelift surgery
- He also worked and trained in Odstock Hospital, Salisbury, UK before returning to Australia and setting up a private practice
- He joined one of Australia’s largest groups of most experienced Plastic Surgeon Specialists in early 2016 and continues to see patients in his Hawthorn East location, convenient to Melbourne and eastern suburbs including Camberwell, Balwyn, Kew, Richmond, Toorak, South Yarra as well as Doncaster, Box Hill, Rosanna, Ivanhoe and other Eastern Melbourne and North Melbourne suburbs
- He is also easily reachable from the Bayside suburbs of St Kilda, Elwood, Brighton, Beaumaris, Sandringham, but his patients travel to see him from all over Victoria.
- He is a talented Breast Surgeon and is known in Melbourne as being the ‘go to Surgeon’ for Transaxillary Breast Implants (Armpit Breast Implant incision approaches for Asian skin types).
During his extended training period to become a Breast Surgeon Specialist and a procedural specialist in Armpit Breast Implant Procedures (Transaxillary Breast Implant Insertion Method), Inframammary Incisions (breast crease), other Breast Surgery procedures, Eyelid and Facial Rejuvenation including Blepharoplasty and the Round Block Facelift procedure, Dr Barnett gained extensive experience in many different aspects of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
Dr Barnett’s training and field of expertise encompasses a range of reconstruction and plastic surgery procedures. These include cosmetic breast enhancement procedures, armpit breast implant surgery, post traumatic breast reconstruction, body lifts including liposuction and abdominoplasty, breast reduction surgery, rhinoplasty and facial and eyelid rejuvenation surgery (Round Block Facelift, Blepharoplasty, Mid-Facelift and Upper Face lift (Brow lift) surgery.
He is a caring specialist for post-weight loss and Bariatric surgery patients, offering Body Lift surgeries in a sequential manner including Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) procedures and Breast Reduction including Male Breast Reduction surgery.
Dr Barnett is highly experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeon for facelift and necklift surgery as well as for skin rejuvenation, complex Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeries and Breast Surgery including:
- Facelifts – Round Block Facelifts (Round-Block SMAS Procedure)
- Neck Lift Surgery to reduce a double chin or unsightly neck anomalies such as hanging areas of fat below the jawline (jowls)
- Breast Enlargement (Augmentation) including saline implants and subfacial placement (above the muscle breast implant placement)
- Breast Implant by Transaxillary (armpit) incisions (Armpit Breast Implant approaches may be a good alternative to inframmary incisions for Asian patients and others who want breast enlargement using implants but who might be prone to keloid scarring)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- Breast Reduction
- Complex Breast Implant Surgery (removal and replacement of breast implants)
- Body Contouring and Body Lift for massive weight loss patients including Tummy Tuck Procedures for Men and Women
- Male Breast Reduction Surgery (Gynaecomastia)
- Rhinoplasty (nose surgery)
- Eyelid Lift Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Dr Barnett enjoys combining aspects of aesthetic surgery and cosmetic surgery for women and men. In his reconstructive and cosmetic surgery specialty focus areas, including breast surgery and facelift surgery, he aim to achieve best-practice customisation planning to attain natural-looking surgery outcomes.
Mr Barnett also enjoys teaching doctors, students and nursing staff. He has spent a lot of time assisting others in the field of cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery to reach higher standards of surgery practices and post-surgery patient care. He regularly attends conferences, courses and symposiums in Australia and overseas to update his skills and keep up to date with new innovations and cosmetic surgery research.
Dr Geoff Barnett’s Professional Memberships in FRACS and Plastic Surgery Organisations
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS AUS)
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS USA)
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
How to book a consultation with Dr Barnett.
Dr Barnett is also an excellent choice if you are nervous about your surgery, as he has a calming, respectful and approachable manner of communicating with patients.
He also aims to give his patients a successful, natural-looking outcome when this is possile. His post-surgery care excellence is also stellar. So if you’re afraid of looking ‘over done’ from a surgery, including facelift procedures or breast implant surgery (breast surgery), you can leave that worry behind you when you choose Specialist Surgeon Dr Barnett. That’s because he focuses on giving patients a natural looking and long lasting outcome with as few visible scars as is possible (scars are an inevitable part of all surgery procedures, however, and can vary depending on the type of procedure you’re having.
As all surgery procedures will leave a scar at the incision points, and some patients may scar more readily than others, ask Dr Barnett for details about scar minimisation and post-op scar treatments. He and his team can offer fantastic post-op care options including Healite II and Rapid Recovery packages, which may facilitate your post-op surgery healing or surgery outcome.
Your cosmetic surgery or plastic surgery care experiences from your pre-surgery consultation with Dr Barnett to your surgery and post-op care, are Dr Barnett’s highest priorities.
With over 25 years of experience, you will know you’re in the hands of a caring, experienced Plastic Surgeon who is a Specialist in the field of cosmetic surgery procedures.
If you would like more information about breast surgery, facial rejuvenation, nose reshaping or body lift procedures – or if you would like to reserve an appointment with Mr Barnett at his Hawthorn location, please contact his rooms or fill in the confidential enquiry form shown below. During clinic hours, you can also phone a Patient Care Coordinator on (03) 8849 1467 or contact his Nurse Jenny at (03) 8849 1412 or one of his Patient Care Advisors.
Mr Barnett and his dedicated staff aim to ensure your consultation in his rooms is professional, relaxed and as well informed as possible. We look forward to seeing you at our Hawthorn East Clinic.
Ph: (03) 8849 1467