Facial Surgery in Melbourne
- Are you wanting to rejuvenate the appearance of your face?
- Are you investigating what can help reduce the appearance of an ageing face?
Dr Geoff Barnett is known for his honest advice, his empathetic and caring personality. He is also known for his superior post-op patient care during the surgical recovery period. He can help you rejuvenate your face with minimal downtime and scar minimisation strategies.With over 25 years in practice, Dr Barnett has helped hundreds of individuals refine their appearance.
Men and women often seek a facelift or neck rejuvenation in their late 40s, 50s or beyond. The average age is around 50 to 58, but this can vary by over 10 to 20 years.
Wrinkles, fine lines, eye bags, sagging jowls, and other visible signs of aging are inevitable. In addition to the effects of time on your skin, several factors such as prolonged sun exposure, genetics, medications, smoking, and repeated facial expressions can also play an integral part in the development of these skin imperfections. If you want to achieve smoother, radiant, and younger-looking skin on your face, facial surgery might be right for you.
What is Facial Surgery?
This is a group of surgical procedures that provides facial rejuvenation by removing excess skin or fat and by tightening the skin on your face, eyes, nose, forehead, neck, jaw, and lip area.
Am I a Good Candidate for Facial Surgery?
During your consultation with one of our renowned surgeons, he or she will assess your health history, current medications, body type, and aesthetic goals to determine if face surgery is right for you. In general, you are allowed to have a face contouring procedure if:
- You are bothered by the visible signs of aging on your face.
- You are not taking any medications that can significantly increase your risk of bleeding.
- You are willing to adhere to pre- and post-surgical instructions.
- You don’t have a bleeding or clotting disorder.
- You don’t have any chronic debilitating disease.
- You don’t smoke.
- You have a positive outlook in life.
- You have realistic treatment goals.
- You have wrinkles, fine lines, eye bags, sagging jowls, and other visible signs of aging.
What are the Benefits of Facial Surgery?
Undergoing a facial contouring procedure can give you the following benefits:
- Improved breathing
- Improved outlook in life
- Improved visual function
- Increased self-esteem
- Smoother, radiant, rejuvenated facial skin
What are the Most Popular Facial Surgery Procedures?
The following are the most common facial plastic surgery procedures:
- Buccal fat pad removal: Removes excess fat and tissue from your cheeks to achieve a more balanced and contoured appearance.
- Cheek augmentation: Enhances the appearance of your cheeks by using a synthetic material known as an implant.
- Chin reduction: Achieves a more defined chin by detaching and reshaping the bone at the tip of your chin.
- Chin remodeling: Improves the appearance of your chin by augmenting an overly small chin with implants or removing excess bone to correct a large chin.
- Eyelid surgery: Removes folds and bags under your eyes by removing excess skin and fat.
- Face lift: Tightens the facial skin by removing excess skin and tissue and using sutures to reshape your face.
- Neck lift: Removes loose skin and fatty deposits on your neck to achieve a rejuvenated appearance.
Recovery after Facial Surgery
Your recovery time will greatly depend on the type and extent of your face contouring procedure as well as your desired cosmetic goals. It is important to keep in mind that the recovery period may vary from patient to patient. In general, you normally experience pain and soreness on your face following your procedure. Any discomfort that you may feel can be managed by mild pain relievers and anti-inflammatories. If you are stable, your surgeon will allow you to go home and will provide you with instructions regarding how to care for your surgical wounds, medications to take at home, and when to return for follow-up. You will also be advised to refrain from strenuous activities to prevent tension on your suture lines.
How much is Facial Surgery? – Costs & Prices
The average prices and costs of facial surgery vary as every patient has different medical conditions and treatment goals. During your consultation, your surgeon will provide you with a customised estimate and price range for your desired facial contouring procedure.
What are the Risks of Facial Surgery?
Like other surgical procedures, face surgery also has its risks. When recovering at home, it is important to watch out for the following signs and symptoms associated with your procedure:
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia such as skin rashes and difficulty breathing
- Changes in your facial sensation
- Delayed wound healing
- Facial weakness
- Increasing pain in your face
- Numbness in one or both sides of your face
- Pus draining from your wound
- Severe swelling
- Skin discoloration
- Skin loss
- Sutures that protrude through the skin
- Unwanted scarring
- Wound dehiscence
FAQ about Facial Surgery
Will my Health Insurance cover my Facial Surgery Expenses?
- In most cases, your insurance plan will not cover your facial surgery expenses because it is considered “elective surgery”. To reduce your financial burden, our renowned facial surgeons will provide you with financing options during your consultation.
What should I do to prepare before my Facial Surgery?
- During your consultation with a top surgeon, you will be advised to avoid any blood-thinning medications, smoking, alcohol, and prolonged sun exposure a week before your surgery to ensure optimal results and lower your risk of complications.
How can I minimize pain after my Procedure?
- Aside from taking pain relievers and anti-inflammatories, your surgeon will advise you to use an ice compress over your surgical wound to minimize facial discomforts. Before discharge, your surgeon will teach you how to care for your wound.
How long will the Results of my Facial Surgery Last?
- Several factors will affect the clinical outcome of your surgery including your surgeon’s skills, the type and extent of your surgery, how you care for your wound, and how you adhere to post-surgical instructions. In general, the results of face surgery are permanent and can last for several years. However, you may need another surgery at some point in your life to maintain your younger-looking skin.
Download Our Facial Rejuvenation Guide
Natural-looking and long-lasting facelift procedures by Dr Geoff Barnett
Facelifts help reduce the appearance of ageing by up to 8 or more years, on average. That’s a huge boost to your appearance – and appearance confidence!
If you want to temporarily turn back the clock and look your best again, for as long as possible, enquire about your options today!
Consultation with Dr Geoff Barnett
You can schedule a consultation with Dr Barnett at our Hawthorn East Clinic location.
There’s plenty of on-site or nearby free street parking for up to 2 hours and you’ll enjoy great coffee and chocolate hearts whilst you learn more about your options for facial rejuvenation.
We look forward to helping your temporarily reverse the facial impacts of time, gravity and sun exposure – with a ‘light touch healing’ Facelift procedure using Healite II (Round Block Face Lift surgery). You’ll need to take a few weeks off from work or normal activities. But with Dr Barnett’s surgical expertise, he will get you back to your normal activities as soon as possible. And you will look naturally refreshed as well as having younger-looking, firmer skin.
Find your jowls and neckline again and reduce wrinkles around your lower face with a Round Block “Light Touch Healite II Healing” facelift with Dr Geoff Barnett.
Send an enquiry form or phone us during Clinic hours on (03) 8849 1467.