Dr Geoff Barnett
Dr Geoff Barnett is a specialist plastic and reconstructive surgeon in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
His patients appreciate his down to earth approach, his detailed surgical planning and his in-depth experience. As a result, he is a very popular and highly respected plastic surgeon. Dr Geoff Barnett graduated as a doctor from Monash University in 1970. He trained for another 8 years in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and was admitted as a Fellow to the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 1978. To further enhance his experience he worked overseas in the Odstock Hospital, Salisbury, UK.
During his training Dr Barnett studied and gained extensive experience in all aspects of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. His training also encompassed a wide range of reconstruction procedures including breast reconstruction, post-traumatic reconstruction, post-cancer reconstruction and facial cosmetic surgery.
He is also a specialist in body lift and tummy tuck procedures for post-weight loss patients.
Dr Barnett is highly skilled in complex Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeries including:
- Body Contouring and Body Lift for massive weight loss patients including Tummy Tuck Procedures
- Breast Implant by Transaxillary (armpit) incisions (ideal for Asian patients)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy) and Breast Reduction – especially for post weight loss patients
- Breast Enlargement Surgery (Augmentation) including silicon and saline implants and above the muscle placement
- Complex Breast Surgery (implant removal and replacement)
- Men’s Breast Reduction Surgery (Gynaecomastia)
- Facelifts – Round Block Facelifts (Round-Block SMAS Procedure)
Dr Barnett has developed an expertise in post weight loss patients and NO LONGER performs Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery), Hand Surgery or Skin Cancer surgery but his colleagues at Coco Ruby Plastic Surgery may be able to help.
Dr Barnett also enjoys combining aspects of aesthetic surgery with his reconstructive surgery, to achieve best possible outcomes. Dr Barnett enjoys teaching doctors, medical students and nursing staff. As a result, he regularly attends conferences, courses and symposiums in Australia and overseas to update his skills and keep abreast with new innovations and research.
Dr Geoff Barnett’s Professional Memberships
Dr Barnett is a current member of:
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
During your consultation with Dr Barnett he will spend time discussing in detail all aspects of your proposed surgery, explaining different options to accommodate your individual needs and answer all your questions.
Dr Barnett also provides all patients with written information sheets relating to their specific surgery. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Dr Geoff Barnett is available 24 hours a day as required for your post-operative care.
If you would like more information about breast surgery, facial rejuvenation, nose reshaping or body lift procedures – or if you would like to make an appointment with Dr Barnett at his Hawthorn location, fill in the confidential Enquiry Form or during clinic hours, you can phone a Patient Care Coordinator on (03) 8849 1467 or contact his Nurse Jenny at (03) 8849 1412 .
Dr Barnett and his staff also aim to ensure your consultation is professional, comfortable, and informative as possible.