Dr Geoff Barnett
Dr Geoff Barnett is a highly qualified and experienced Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon
Dr Geoff Barnett is a Specialist Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgeon. His patients appreciate his down to earth approach, his detailed surgical planning, his in depth experience in body contouring, facelifts, necklifts and breast augmentation surgeries and his caring post-op care .
Dr Geoff Barnett graduated as a doctor from Monash University in 1970. He trained for another 8 years in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and was admitted as a Fellow to the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 1978.To further enhance his experience he worked in Odstock Hospital, Salisbury, UK.
During his training Dr Barnett studied and gained extensive experience in all aspects of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. His training encompassed a wide range of reconstruction procedures including breast reconstruction, post traumatic reconstruction, post cancer reconstruction and facial cosmetic surgery. He is also a specialist in Body Lift and Tummy Tuck procedures for post-weight loss patients.
Dr Barnett is highly skilled in skin and face procedures and complex Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeries including:
- Breast Enlargement (Augmentation) including saline implants and above the muscle placement
- Breast Implant by Transaxillary (armpit) incisions (ideal for Asian patients)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy) and Breast Reduction
- Breast Reconstruction & Use of Breast Tissue Expanders
- Complex Breast Surgery (implant removal and replacement)
- Body Contouring and Body Lift for massive weight loss patients including Tummy Tuck Procedures
- Men’s Breast Reduction Surgery (Gynaecomastia)
- Rhinoplasty (nose surgery)
- Facelifts – Round Block Facelifts (Round-Block SMAS Procedure)
Dr Barnett enjoys combining aspects of aesthetic surgery with his reconstructive surgery, to achieve best possible outcomes. Mr Barnett enjoys teaching doctors, medical students and nursing staff. He regularly attends conferences, courses and symposiums in Australia and overseas to update his skills and keep abreast with new innovations and research.
Dr Geoff Barnett’s Professional Memberships
Dr Barnett is a current member of:
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
During your consultation with Dr Barnett he will spend time discussing in detail all aspects of your proposed surgery, explaining different options to accommodate your individual needs and answer all your questions.
All patients are given written information sheets relating to their specific surgery. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon Dr Geoff Barnett is available 24 hours a day as required for your post-operative care.
If you would like more information about breast surgery, facial rejuvenation, nose reshaping or body lift procedures – or if you would like to make an appointment with Mr Barnett at his Hawthorn location, fill in the confidential Enquiry Form or during clinic hours, you can phone a Patient Care Coordinator on (03) 8849 1467 or contact his Nurse Jenny at (03) 8849 1412 .
Mr Barnett and his dedicated staff aim to ensure your consultation in his rooms is professional, relaxed and as well informed as possible.
Your successful outcome is our highest priority.