Tummy Tuck – Abdominoplasty
Tummy Tuck – Abdominoplasty Surgery in Melbourne
Abdominoplasty or ‘Tummy Tuck’ restores a youthful appearance to the abdomen by the removal of excess abdominal ptosis involving excess abdominal fat, skin and sometimes muscle weakness. This condition is more produced by weight loss following pregnancy, trauma and congenital anomalies.
During the procedure excess, lower abdominal skin and fat is removed, the umbilicus is repositioned and the underlying muscles are often tightened. Liposuction may be used in conjunction with the procedure in order to further enhance the final outcome. Repair of abdominal hernias is sometimes possible at the time of the procedure.
Many variants of abdominal contour deformity are seen and treatment may be varied accordingly. In some circumstances, liposuction alone is the procedure of choice. However, in other circumstances, skin resection only is necessary.
In order to get the best result, all facets of the operation need to be discussed with Mr Barnett and understood prior to doing an operation.
Am I a Good Candidate for Abdominoplasty?
- Have you been left with excess, loose skin or persistent bulges around your tummy area following pregnancy?
- Do you have loose tummy skin rolls from weight fluctuations, which diet and exercise alone cannot help?
- Do you have excess or loose skin around your abdomen area as a result of ageing and changes to skin elasticity?
- Do you suffer from reduced body confidence due to bulges and sagging skin around your mid-section?
- Would you like to balance out your physique and overall body shape?
- Do the bulges or skin redundancy around your abdomen area cause you to appear heavier and less fit than you actually are?
- Would you like to repair and gain greater control of your abdominal muscle wall that may have weakened or separated as a result of pregnancy?
What are the Benefits of a Tummy Tuck Procedure?
- Smoother, Firmer, Flatter or Sculpted Stomach Area
- Greater Abdominal Muscle Control (Improved Core Strength)
- More Clothing Options
- and You’ll benefit from Improved Confidence
SIX Different Types of Tummy Tucks (Abdominoplasty)
There are many types of tummy surgery – each designed for different body shapes, concerns and amounts of excess skin:
- Mini Tummy Tuck – removes a small pouch of skin usually after pregnancy or minor weight loss – when a ‘Skin Only’ Repair is needed.
- Full Tummy Tuck – removes an overhang of skin and repairs abdominal muscles – typically after pregnancy (the most popular Abdominoplasty Surgery – the classic from Ivor Pitanguy))
- Extended Tummy Tuck – removes a large overhang of excess skin with an incision from hip to hip or beyond – usually for significant weight loss patients (Extended Abdominoplasty)
- 360 Belt Lipectomy – the incision is made right around the abdomen and removes a large tyre of excess skin and fat – use for massive weight loss patients (Circumferential Abdominoplasty)
- Reverse Tummy Tuck is where the incision is made under the breasts and excess skin is pulled upwards. Quite rarely performed but has been done typically in conjunction with a breast reduction or lift with acceptable results. The right patient selection criteria is absolutely critical – this is rarely performed operation. (Reverse Abdominoplasty)
- Fleur De Lis (FDL) or Vertical Tummy Tuck – the incision is made around the abdomen like a belt lipectomy with an additional vertical incision in the front to remove even more excess skin in large massive weight loss patients
Abdominoplasty Before and After Photos patient results are shown below.
Tummy Tuck Before and After Photo Gallery
Patient 1 – Abdominoplasty (Before Photos)
Actual patient of Melbourne Specialist Plastic Surgeon, Dr Geoffrey Barnett, is shown above.
Patient images used with permission and we are happy to show you many more photos in our Clinics during a consultation or pre-consultation meeting with Dr Barnett’s nurse.
You’re also welcome to attend one of the regular Hawthorn East FREE PRACTICE information evening events where Dr Barnett is presenting.
Just ask us for the BEST DATES for the information evening EVENT and let us know you’re wanting to hear about body contouring and abdominoplasty surgery).
Download Our Tummy Tuck Guide
About Dr Geoff Barnett
If you are wanting to have smaller arms and less flabby upper arm skin through an arm reduction procedure, or if you have lost a lot of weight and have redundant skin folds, Dr Barnett can help you with your body contouring requirements. Phone a caring Patient Care Coordinator during clinic hours on (03) 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form today. You are also welcome to attend one of our Free patient events.
What to do next?
Our Patient coordinators can assist with any questions you may have when considering a procedure. You can send in an enquiry form below or call our Melbourne Clinic between 8am-6pm, Monday – Friday.