Belt Lipectomy – Circumferential Abdominoplasty
Belt Lipectomy – Circumferential Abdominoplasty or 360 Tummy Tuck in Melbourne
A Belt Lipectomy helps you get a better body contour after weight loss, child-rearing or other abdominal area changes.
Different Types of Abdominoplasty Procedures
There are many body contouring options for surgically repairing your abdominal area. In general, the four most popular abdominal corrective contouring procedures include:
- Belt Lipectomy (contours the sides and part of the hip-waist area of the abdominal region)
- Tummy Tuck (Full Abdominoplasty – primarily addresses body fat and redundant skin on the front of the abdomen)
- Apronectomy (lower abdomen area ptosis or excess skin that droops above the mons or covers the pubic area)
- Liposuction (suction-based fat removal from specific areas where excess fat deposits impede with natural-looking body contours)
Download Our Tummy Tuck Guide
Post-bariatric surgery patients who have lost weight after gastric banding or gastric sleeve surgery may require an Abdominoplasty or Belt Lipectomy to restore more natural body contours and remove a sagging belly.
Belt Lipectomy Surgery Procedure?
- excess front, side and hip area abdominal skin and fat are surgically removed using incisions
- the umbilicus is repositioned
- the underlying muscles are often tightened (abdominal muscle repair)
- Liposuction is often used in conjunction with the procedure to enhance the final outcome
- Repair of abdominal hernias is sometimes possible during the procedure (Specialist Abdominoplasty Surgeon Dr Geoff Barnett will discuss this with you prior to your surgery)
Abdominal Repair after Weight Change or Pregnancy
It’s important to realise that each person is different, and that patient outcomes vary significantly. Even close siblings will need individualised operations to get good abdominoplasty results.
A Good Plastic Surgeon will take adequate time to perform extensive measurements and pre-surgical markups. They’ll also take time to let you know exactly what to expect during your procedure, as well as discussing the potential risks of surgery and the fact that each patient responds uniquely to healing and to scar formation.
One surgery does not meet all patient needs, and there are many variants of abdominal contour deformity are seen by Plastic Surgeons.
Surgical treatment is customised to meet the needs of each patient and all surgeries are varied according to your individual needs.
In some circumstances, liposuction alone is the procedure of choice for abdominal contouring surgery. In other circumstances, skin resection only is necessary, such as an Apronectomy.
For patients who carry their weight around their hips and thighs as well as the abdominal or belly area, a Belt Lipectomy Abdominoplasty may help get the patient better abdominal contouring results than, for example, an Apronectomy or a Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty surgery.
In order to get the best results, and to have a good understanding of which Abdominoplasty surgery procedures will best suit your physique and appearance concerns, all facets of your Surgery need to be discussed with Dr Geoff Barnett.
After your confidential consultation, if there is anything you don’t understand about the surgery, please be sure to ask Dr Barnett and/or his Patient Care Team and Nurse before proceeding with your surgery, because it is important that you have a good understanding of the process, the risks, the potential outcomes and the post-op recovery protocols you will need to follow after your surgery.
Phone 03 8849 1444 or send an enquiry form to meet with Specialist Plastic Surgeon Dr Geoff Barnett to learn more about your best options for abdominal contouring surgery in Victoria.